Construction Laborer Job
A typical crew would be responsible for delivering, installing, and servicing any new homes that their associated sales centers generate.
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- 1+ years of construction experience
- Clean driving record
- Pass a drug test
Riverview Homes has 2 service departments, based out of Vandergrift and New Alexandria. These departments are equipped with roll on systems, tools, and trucks to operate independently on most required jobs. The crews are manned and structured to handle sales and service calls from the 6 sales locations. A typical crew would be responsible for delivering, installing, and servicing any new homes that their associated sales centers generate.
- Be on time.
- Work a complete schedule.
- Drive a company vehicle safely.
- Perform manual labor such as carrying cement blocks, cribbing, and installing the roll on system.
- Other tasks may include climbing up and down ladders, walking on scaffolding, installing siding and shingles, working on high pitch roofs with fall protection, carpet seaming, trim work, electrical, and plumbing.
Note: You are not expected to be an expert in all of these different fields, but this is the type of work that is being conducted for each home.
Service Foremen set the starting and ending time each day. Start and end times will be solely based on the job requirements for that particular day.
Construction laborers are paid based on an hourly rate. All hours worked over 40 per week will be paid at a 1.5 hourly rate. Raises are not guaranteed, but with improved performance and additional responsibilities, consideration will be given.
- 6 paid holidays a year
- 1 week paid vacation after one year employment
- 2 weeks paid vacation after two years employment
- 401k with employer match (available after one year)
- Health insurance for employee & family with a 30% coinsurance premium (available after 90 days of employment). If health insurance is not needed, a buyout program is available.
- Other benefits include: $15,000 life insurance policy on employee and short-term disability insurance that pays $200 a week (available after 90 days of employment).