Sales Consultant Full-Time Job
As a sales consultant, essentially you will be assisting customers in finding and purchasing a new home.
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years sales experience
RHI has six model home centers, located throughout Western Pennsylvania in Butler, Carmichaels, Greensburg, New Alexandria, Prospect, and Vandergrift. Each sales center has a sales manager, who supervises and assists the sales staff with new and existing sales. As a sales consultant, essentially you will be assisting customers in finding and purchasing a new home. You will be responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through the close of the home. You will greet customers (taking turns with your co-workers), complete internal prospecting information, complete sales agreements, direct customer to mortgage or installment lender source, and perform a Riverview closing with your sales manager. You will be the point person for a customer from the minute they are your prospect until the 1-year factory warranty expires after delivery.
- Be on time.
- Work a complete schedule.
- Keep office space neat and clean.
- Occasionally move furniture or help decorate new model homes.
- Sweep steps or shovel snow during winter months.
- Unlock and lock the model homes every day.
- Greet home buyers and show the model homes.
- Describe features and benefits of the homes.
- Provide customers with the appropriate materials and answer questions.
- Provide information about pricing, warranties, delivery, and set up.
- Collect contact information from prospective customers and enter it into Infusionsoft.
- Keep in touch with your customers by keeping up with Infusionsoft tasks.
- Write deals and take deposits.
- Guide customer's through the home buying process until the home is delivered.
- Perform basic administrative tasks such as answering phones, making calls, computer work, paperwork, etc.
Hours at each location are as follows: Monday & Thursday 9am to 7pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9am to 6pm, Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday 10am to 4pm. Sales staff are expected to be at work by 8:45am to begin unlocking and opening the homes. Typically, Riverview is closed on Sundays, but you are free to open Sunday hours if you wish. The 7:00pm closing time is made earlier (5:00 or 6:00pm) in the winter months. Each manager and sales consultant will have one day off during the week. Your day off cannot be Monday or Saturday, the two busiest days.
Full-time salary is $200 per week plus commissions. Commissions are paid when the home is final funded and delivered, and are based on the net profit of the home. An average commission is approximately $2,000. Sales consultants are also paid a year-end performance bonus based on the total of all commission profits for the year. Also, a salary plus draw against future commission is available if requested and approved.
- 6 paid holidays a year
- 1 week paid vacation after one year employment
- 2 weeks paid vacation after two years employment
- 401k with employer match (available after one year)
- Health insurance for employee & family with a 30% coinsurance premium (available after 90 days of employment). If health insurance is not needed, a buyout program is available.
- Other benefits include: $15,000 life insurance policy on employee and short-term disability insurance that pays $200 a week (available after 90 days of employment).