Sales Manager Trainee Job
Trainee will start in a full-time training program, shadowing one of the company owners.
SALES MANAGER Trainee
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent; Degree helpful but not required
- Strong leadership qualities
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with computers
- Sales experience is helpful
- Business Majors are preferred but not necessary
- Management experience is not necessary
RRHI has six model home centers, located throughout Western Pennsylvania in Butler, Carmichaels, Greensburg, New Alexandria, Prospect, and Vandergrift. Each model home center has a manager, that supervises and helps the sales staff with new and existing customers, from prospecting through home completion. As a manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at the model home center, as well as overseeing all sales activities generated by your sales staff.
Trainee will start in a full-time training program, shadowing one of the company owners and learning the day-to-day operations of a successful model home center with a productive sales staff already in place. Trainee will learn our industry, our company, and our systems. The goal for the trainee would be to assume most of the day-to-day management roles within 6 to 12 months.
- Generate your own sales
- Greet new customers and show the model homes.
- Write deals and take deposits.
- Guide customers through the home buying process until the home is delivered.
- Supervise the sales staff
- Keep the sales staff up to date with products and competitors.
- Offer coaching, advice, support, motivation, & information the sales staff needs to help them meet their sales goals.
- Ensure the sales staff is doing everything they should to successfully generate new home sales.
- Establish, maintain and expand the customer base for the sales center.
- Create special promotions and events with your sales staff.
- Help sales staff price homes.
- Conduct the RHI closing for generated sales.
- Maintain the office
- Make sure the offices are clean, neat, and organized.
- Keep a safe environment for customers and employees at the office.
- Maintain model homes
- Make sure the correct signage is in place.
- Report any homes that need service repairs.
- See that homes are attractive and attention getting with the correct furnishings and decoration.
- Keep the model homes a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Coordinate sales meetings
- Conduct regular sales meetings.
- Review the performances of your sales staff and motivate them to greater achievements.
- Stay involved with customer follow up
- Supervise the proper use of the Infusionsoft by each salesperson.
- Review all generated sales on a regular basis to see where additional assistance might be needed.
- Service the needs of existing customers.
- Handle complaints from customers
- Constructively handle or supervise all customer complaints related to your sales office.
- Develop a sales force
- Recruit, hire, and train new sales staff as needed.
- Develop a well-trained, professional sales force
- Report to RHI Owners
- Attend manager meetings once a month at the corporate office.
Hours at each location are as follows: Monday & Thursday 9am to 7pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9am to 6pm, Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday 10am to 4pm. Managers are expected to be at work by 8:45am to prepare everything for a 9:00am opening. Typically, Riverview is closed on Sundays, but you are free to open Sunday hours if you wish. The 7:00pm closing time is made earlier (5:00 or 6:00pm) in the winter months. Each manager and sales consultant will have one day off during the week. Your day off cannot be Monday or Saturday, the two busiest days.
Manager Trainees are paid $25,000 during the training period. Managers are paid a weekly salary plus sales commissions. Commissions are paid when the home is final funded and delivered, and are based on the net profit of the home. An average commission is about $2,000. Sales managers are also paid a year-end performance bonus based on the total sales volumes of the sales location for the year. A salary plus draw against future commission is available if requested and approved.
- 6 paid holidays a year
- 1 week paid vacation after one year employment
- 2 weeks paid vacation after two years employment
- 401k with employer match (available after one year)
- Health insurance for employee & family with a 30% coinsurance premium (available after 90 days of employment). If health insurance is not needed, a buyout program is available.
- Other benefits include: $15,000 life insurance policy on employee and short-term disability insurance that pays $200 a week (available after 90 days of employment).